Chester A. Bum tends to use running gags throughout his reviews. However, most are often self-contained to the one video. These include (but are not limited to)...
- After saying the title character of WALL-E looks like a chicken, he expresses annoyance with chickens several times throughout the review.
- He occasionally assumes that Coraline has reached a peaceful ending right before another disturbingly bizarre scene happens.
- In The Neverending Story, whenever Atreyu is mentioned, he makes another character say, "gesundheit".
- He calls everyone in Star Trek "assholes".
At the end of every review, excluding the "Dark Knight" review, Chester will always say "Change, ya got change?" While holding up a styrofoam cup. Except during the 'dark knight' review were he was so blown away by the movie he just said to 'keep the change'. Variations of this include shouting "YEN!" at Youmacon and "Justice!" in the Family Guy Response videos.
"At the end, they play the famous (show/movie name) theme!"
If the movie franchise or TV show that inspired the movie Chester is reviewing has a famous theme song, he tries to make up lyrics for it.
- Speed Racer
- Get Smart
- Indiana Jones - Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
- The X-Files - I Want to Believe
- Star Trek - (for the 2009 movie)
- Up-(the themes to Doug and Alvin and the Chipmunks)
Use of NC's Gags
"*Y'know For Kids!": Alice in Wonderland
- "Or Do They?!": Inception
Bum's Way Of Life
This is a more tragic if hilarious joke where Chester gives us vocal descriptions about his life as a Bum. It mostly starts with Chester saying something vaguely based off the movie he is reviewing or just as a throw-away gag but then he starts to get mildly side-tracked by giving us various stories of his life and how he lives on the streets.