Moon Patrol is a flash version of a 1982 arcade game of the same name. You drive a lunar rover around to surface of the moon clearing out obstacles and enemies, while avoiding craters and other hazards. The game features multiple stages of increasing difficulty.
How to Play
From the title screen click on "Start" to begin the game. The controls for the game, as well as the point value of enemies are listed. You are destroyed any time you hit an obstacle, or get hit by a bomb. Three lives and you'll end the game and submit your score. Press any key to continue on your current stage after you lose a life.
Left and right arrows move your rover left and right.
Up arrow jumps.
Space bar fires your guns. One will fire diagonally upward and one will fire forward. Both guns fire at the same time.
Since the game contains no power-ups, all you need to worry about are the enemies and obstacles.
- Yellow Barrels: These just block your path. Shoot them to blast them away. They are worth 250 points.
- Helicopters: These fly from left to right (or vice versa) on the top of the screen but will usually drop bombs on you once they are above you. Dodge the bombs, and blast them out of the sky for 500 points.
- Hot Air Balloons: These also fly on the top of the screen, but won't attack. They are worth 1000 points when shot.
The following are obstacles and cannot be destroyed:
- Craters: Divots in the ground. Jump to avoid them.
- Rolling Barrels: These roll along the ground toward your rover. Jump to avoid them.
- U.F.O.'s: These slowly float along the top of the screen, and fire out a beam at regular intervals. If you are hit by the beam, you die instantly. You cannot destroy the U.F.O. with any number of shots.
Try to time jumps carefully. Occasionally and often you will see two craters close to each other. You cannot move left of right while jumping so it may take some practice to get the timing down.
Sometimes adjusting your position will make all the difference. You may want to play most of the stage in the middle for one section, to the left for another. The further left you are, the more chance you have to react to craters and barrels, but you might end up getting bombed by a helicopter if you aren't careful.
U.F.O.'s are very hard to avoid. Considering they often appear while craters are around, it takes some serious timing. You'll hear a voice clip yell out "Aliens Approaching" before they appear. Try to drive under the U.F.O. once the beam finishes firing a second time, but this isn't always possible.
|The TGWTG Arcade|
|Old Arcade||3 Point Shoot-Out · Aero Chaos · Alien Showdown · Aqua Slug · Asteroids 2 · Balloon Hunter · Beer Tapper · Black Knight · Blockbuster · Bombjack · Clash N Slash · Defend Your Castle · Diamond Mine · Donkey Kong · Falldown · Frogger · Galagon 2004 · Gold Miner · Infect.Evolve.Repeat · Kung-Fu Remix · Kung-Fu Fighter · Moon Patrol · Pang · Puyo · Puzzle Bobble · Raiden X · Shuriken Challenge · SNES Quiz · Snowball Rolling · Sonic the Hedgehog · Storm the House! · Super Mario Bros · Tetrix 2 · Tower Blaster · Tower Defense 2007 · Xevious · Zelda: Can of Whoopass|
ChaosD1 04:23, 2 June 2009 (UTC)